The challenge of creating better jobs in developing countries
6th Annual Jobs and Development Conference
Following the successes of the 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 Jobs and Development Conferences, the World Bank, IZA (Institute of Labor Economics), the Network on Jobs and Development*, and UNU-WIDER are organizing a follow up conference focused on 'The challenge of creating better jobs in developing countries'.
The conference will take place on 14-15 December 2022, in Cape Town, South Africa. The event will focus on policy-relevant research, applicable to identifying solutions to jobs challenges in low- and middle-income countries.
Day 2 of the conference includes a special session with several editors and contributers of the recent UNU-WIDER book The developer’s dilemma presenting key findings and policy lessons from the Open Access book.
More details on the event website
* The NJD is a partnership of research institutes from various regions of the world:
- Development Policy Research Unit (DPRU), at University of Cape Town - South Africa,
- HKUST Institute for Emerging Market Studies (HKUST IEMS) - Hong Kong,
- Indian Council for Research on International Economic Relations (ICRIER) - India, and
- Institute for Structural Research (IBS) - Poland.